Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Foreign Policy


Now, I don't mean to dwell too long on Obama's weaknesses, but I found the temptation simply irresistible after today's piece of news broke. This just out: Obama claims to know, "more and understand the world better than Senator Clinton or Senator McCain." One of the biggest reasons being that he lived in Indonesia as a child: "Probably the strongest experience I have in foreign relations is the fact that I spent four years living overseas when I was a child in southeast Asia." Even Hillary Clinton found this claim preposterous, "Now voters will judge whether living in a foreign country at the age of 10 prepares one to face the big, complex international challenges the next president will face. I think we need a president with more experience than that." I guess I finally agree with Hillary about something.

No comments: