Friday, April 4, 2008

Obama the Criminal


Yes, you heard me. Obama is a criminal. In fact, he's on the loose right now and somehow he's poised to win the Democratic nomination.

Okay. I'll admit that this comparison is a bit extreme, but it is useful in making this point: Obama's voting history resembles that of a criminal. Criminals, like Obama, avoid leaving traces of their crime, or in Obama's case, votes. As a representative in the Illinois State Legislature, Obama voted "present" on many key issues. Obama might as well just said, "I'm going to pass on this one" and the reason is this: Obama knows that his votes count. He also knows that voting for a controversial bill could hurt him politically. Voting "present" on a bill is much less controversial than a "no" or "yes". Heck, that might offend someone.

Now I wouldn't mind very much if Obama voted "present" on an issue that dealt with library construction (Librarians: I'm sorry if this offends you) . While still important, library construction pales in comparison to other issues. Below is a list of bills Obama for which Obama cast a "present" vote.
  1. SB 759-required mandatory adult prosecution for firing a gun on or near school grounds.
  2. HB 854-protected the privacy of sex-abuse victims by allowing petitions to have the trial records sealed.
  3. SB 1093-sought to protect a child if it survived a failed abortion.
  4. HB 382-would have prohibited partial birth abortion.
I find it ironic, that Obama did not consider it worthwhile to cast a decisive vote in any of these bills. Were these issues not important enough? I don't know about you, but I find these bills important. In fact, I think I would even vote for these bills. I would not cast a "present" vote. Instead, I would let my voice be heard. Obviously, Obama is content to let his voice remain silent, to stay in the shadows of the political world. One thing is for sure. Obama had an opinion on all these bills, he just doesn't want anyone to know.

As for me, I'm hoping for change. In fact, I hope that Obama changes into
his orange jumpsuit and begins to show people his true identity.

1 comment:

MyAwesomeOliveShoots said...

Wow, Nate, tell me how you really feel! I think there is probably more to the story but I also have some very real concerns about this man.